1. active - noun
· chemical agent capable of activity
2. active - noun
· the voice used to indicate that the grammatical subject of the verb is performing the action or causing the happening denoted by the verb; "`The boy threw the ball' uses the active voice"
3. active - noun
· a person who is a participating member of an organization; "the club issues a list of members, both the actives and the retirees"
4. active - adjective
· tending to become more severe or wider in scope; "active tuberculosis"
5. active - adjective
· engaged in or ready for military or naval operations; "on active duty"; "the platoon is combat-ready"; "review the fighting forces"
6. active - adjective
· disposed to take action or effectuate change; "a director who takes an active interest in corporate operations"; "an active antagonism"; "he was active in drawing attention to their grievances"
7. active - adjective
· taking part in an activity; "an active member of the club"; "he was politically active"; "the participating organizations"
8. active - adjective
· characterized by energetic activity; "an active toddler"; "active as a gazelle"; "an active man is a man of action"
9. active - adjective
· exerting influence or producing a change or effect; "an active ingredient"
10. active - adjective
· full of activity or engaged in continuous activity; "an active seaport"; "an active bond market"; "an active account"
11. active - adjective
· in operation; "keep hope alive"; "the tradition was still alive"; "an active tradition"
12. active - adjective
· (of the sun) characterized by an increased occurrence of sunspots and flares and radio emissions
13. active - adjective
· expressing that the subject of the sentence has the semantic function of actor: "Hemingway favors active constructions"
14. active - adjective
· (used of verbs (e.g. `to run') and participial adjectives (e.g. `running' in `running water')) expressing action rather than a state of being
15. active - adjective
· (of e.g. volcanos) capable of erupting
16. active - adjective
· (of e.g. volcanos) erupting or liable to erupt; "active volcanos"
17. active - adjective
· engaged in full-time work; "active duty"; "though past retirement age he is still active in his profession"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from it's extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.