1. action - noun
· something done (usually as opposed to something said); "there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions"
2. action - noun
· the state of being active; "his sphere of activity"; "he is out of action"
3. action - noun
· a military engagement; "he saw action in Korea"
4. action - noun
· a process existing in or produced by nature (rather than by the intent of human beings); "the action of natural forces"; "volcanic activity"
5. action - noun
· the series of events that form a plot; "his novels always have a lot of action"
6. action - noun
· the trait of being active and energetic and forceful; "a man of action"
7. action - noun
· the operating part that transmits power to a mechanism; "the piano had a very stiff action"
8. action - noun
· a judicial proceeding brought by one party against another; one party prosecutes another for a wrong done or for protection of a right or for prevention of a wrong
9. action - noun
· an act by a government body or supranational organization; "recent federal action undermined the segregationist position"; "the United Nations must have the power to propose and organize action without being hobbled by irrelevant issues"; "the Union action of emancipating Southern slaves"
10. action - noun
· the most important or interesting work or activity in a specific area or field; "the action is no longer in technology stocks but in municipal bonds"; "gawkers always try to get as close to the action as possible"
11. action - verb
· institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against; "He was warned that the district attorney would process him"; "She actioned the company for discrimination"
12. action - verb
· put in effect; "carry out a task"; "execute the decision of the people"; "He actioned the operation"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.