1. Stern - noun
· the rear part of a ship
2. Stern - noun
· United States concert violinist (born in Russia in 1920)
3. Stern - noun
· the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
Synonym(s): buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind_end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear_end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail_end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass
4. Stern - adjective
· of a stern or strict bearing or demeanor; forbidding in aspect; "an austere expression"; "a stern face"
5. Stern - adjective
· not to be placated or appeased or moved by entreaty; "grim determination"; "grim necessity"; "Russia's final hour, it seemed, approached with inexorable certainty"; "relentless persecution"; "the stern demands of parenthood"
6. Stern - adjective
· severe and unremitting in making demands; "an exacting instructor"; "a stern disciplinarian"; "strict standards"
7. Stern - adjective
· severely simple; "a stark interior"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.