1. Cross - noun
· a wooden structure consisting of an upright post with a transverse piece
2. Cross - noun
· a marking that consists of lines that cross each other
3. Cross - noun
· a representation of the structure on which Jesus was crucified; used as an emblem of Christianity or in heraldry
4. Cross - noun
· any affliction that causes great suffering; "that is his cross to bear"; "he bears his afflictions like a crown of thorns"
5. Cross - noun
· (genetics) an organism that is the offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock; especially offspring produced by breeding plants or animals of different varieties or breeds or species; "a mule is a cross between a horse and a donkey"
6. Cross - noun
· (genetics) the act of mixing different species or varieties of animals or plants and thus to produce hybrids
7. Cross - verb
· travel across or pass over; "The caravan covered almost 100 miles each day"
8. Cross - verb
· meet at a point
9. Cross - verb
· hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of; "What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth's amazing September surge"; "foil your opponent"
10. Cross - verb
· fold so as to resemble a cross; "she crossed her legs"
11. Cross - verb
· to cover or extend over an area or time period; "Rivers traverse the valley floor"; "The parking lot spans 3 acres"; "The novel spans three centuries"
12. Cross - verb
· meet and pass; "the trains crossed"
13. Cross - verb
· trace a line through or across; "cross your `t'"
14. Cross - verb
· breed animals or plants using parents of different races and varieties; "cross a horse and a donkey"; "Mendel tried crossbreeding"; "these species do not interbreed"
15. Cross - adjective
· extending or lying across; in a crosswise direction; at right angles to the long axis; "cross members should be all steel"; "from the transverse hall the stairway ascends gracefully"; "transversal vibrations"; "transverse colon"
16. Cross - adjective
· annoyed and irritable
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.