1. Assumption - noun
· a statement that is assumed to be true and from which a conclusion can be drawn; "on the assumption that he has been injured we can infer that he will not play"
2. Assumption - noun
· a hypothesis that is taken for granted; "any society is built upon certain assumptions"
3. Assumption - noun
· the act of taking possession of or power over something; "his assumption of office coincided with the trouble in Cuba"; "the Nazi assumption of power in 1934"; "he acquired all the company's assets for ten million dollars and the assumption of the company's debts"
4. Assumption - noun
· celebration in the Roman Catholic Church of the Virgin Mary's being taken up into heaven when her earthly life ended; corresponds to the Dormition in the Eastern Orthodox Church
5. Assumption - noun
· (Christianity) the taking up of the body and soul of the Virgin Mary when her earthly life had ended
6. Assumption - noun
· audacious (even arrogant) behavior that you have no right to; "he despised them for their presumptuousness"
7. Assumption - noun
· the act of assuming or taking for granted; "your assumption that I would agree was unwarranted"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.