1. yawning - noun
· an involuntary intake of breath through a wide open mouth; usually triggered by fatigue or boredom; "he could not suppress a yawn"; "the yawning in the audience told him it was time to stop"; "he apologized for his oscitancy"
2. yawn - verb
· utter a yawn, as from lack of oxygen or when one is tired; "The child yawned during the long performance"
3. yawn - verb
· be wide open; "the deep gaping canyon"
4. yawning - adjective
· gaping open as if threatening to engulf someone or something; "the yawning mine shaft"; "a yawning abyss"
5. yawning - adjective
· with the mouth wide open indicating boredom or sleepiness; "a yawning congregation"
6. yawning - adjective
· showing lack of attention or boredom; "the yawning congregation"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.