Dictionary Results for written|
1. write - verb
· produce a literary work; "She composed a poem"; "He wrote four novels"
Synonym(s): compose, pen, indite
2. write - verb
· communicate or express by writing; "He wrote about his great love for his wife"
Hypernym(s): communicate, intercommunicate
3. write - verb
· communicate (with) in writing; "Write her soon, please!"
4. write - verb
· write music; "Beethoven composed nine symphonies"
Hypernym(s): make, create
5. write - verb
· mark or trace on a surface; "The artist wrote Chinese characters on a big piece of white paper"; "Russian is written with the Cyrillic alphabet"
Hypernym(s): trace, draw, line, describe, delineate
6. write - verb
· record data on a computer; "boot-up instructions are written on the hard disk"
Hypernym(s): record, tape
7. write - verb
· write or name the letters that comprise the conventionally accepted form of (a word or part of a word); "He spelled the word wrong in this letter"
8. write - verb
· create code, write a computer program; "She writes code faster than anybody else"
Hypernym(s): create_by_mental_act, create_mentally
9. written - adjective
· set down in writing in any of various ways; "written evidence"
10. written - adjective
· systematically collected and written down; "written laws"
11. written - adjective
· written as for a film or play or broadcast
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.