1. writings - noun
· the third of three divisions of the Hebrew Scriptures
2. writing - noun
· the act of creating written works; "writing was a form of therapy for him"; "it was a matter of disputed authorship"
3. writing - noun
· the work of a writer; anything expressed in letters of the alphabet (especially when considered from the point of view of style and effect); "the writing in her novels is excellent"; "that editorial was a fine piece of writing"
4. writing - noun
· (usually plural) the collected work of an author; "the idea occurs with increasing frequency in Hemingway's writings"
5. writing - noun
· letters or symbols that are written or imprinted on a surface to represent the sounds or words of a language; "he turned the paper over so the writing wouldn't show"; "the doctor's writing was illegible"
6. writing - noun
· the activity of putting something in written form; "she did the thinking while he did the writing"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.