Dictionary Results for word|
1. word - noun
· a unit of language that native speakers can identify; "words are the blocks from which sentences are made"; "he hardly said ten words all morning"
Hypernym(s): language_unit, linguistic_unit
2. word - noun
· a brief statement; "he didn't say a word about it"
3. word - noun
· information about recent and important events; "they awaited news of the outcome"
Synonym(s): news, intelligence, tidings
Hypernym(s): information, info
4. word - noun
· a verbal command for action; "when I give the word, charge!"
5. word - noun
· an exchange of views on some topic; "we had a good discussion"; "we had a word or two about it"
Synonym(s): discussion, give-and-take
Hypernym(s): speech, speech_communication, spoken_communication, spoken_language, language, voice_communication, oral_communication
6. word - noun
· a promise; "he gave his word"
Synonym(s): parole, word_of_honor
7. word - noun
· a string of bits stored in computer memory; "large computers use words up to 64 bits long"
8. word - noun
· the divine word of God; the second person in the Trinity (incarnate in Jesus)
Synonym(s): Son, Word, Logos
9. word - noun
· a secret word or phrase known only to a restricted group; "he forgot the password"
Synonym(s): password, watchword, parole, countersign
Hypernym(s): positive_identification, secret, arcanum
10. word - noun
· the sacred writings of the Christian religions; "he went to carry the Word to the heathen"
Synonym(s): Bible, Christian_Bible, Book, Good_Book, Holy_Scripture, Holy_Writ, Scripture, Word_of_God, Word
Hypernym(s): sacred_text, sacred_writing, religious_writing, religious_text
11. word - verb
· put into words or an expression; "He formulated his concerns to the board of trustees"
Synonym(s): give_voice, formulate, phrase, articulate
Hypernym(s): express, show, evince
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.