1. winnow - noun
· the act of separating grain from chaff; "the winnowing was done by women"
2. winnow - verb
· separate the chaff from grain by using air currents; "She stood there winnowing grain all day in the field"
3. winnow - verb
· blow on; "The wind was winnowing her hair"; "the wind winnowed the grass"
4. winnow - verb
· select desirable parts from a group or list; "cull out the interesting letters from the poet's correspondence"; "winnow the finalists from the long list of applicants"
5. winnow - verb
· blow away or off with a current of air; "winnow chaff"; "The speaker ceased to be an amusing little gnat to be fanned away and was kicked off the forum"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.