Dictionary Results for wings|
1. wings - noun
· a means of flight or ascent; "necessity lends wings to inspiration"
Hypernym(s): means, agency, way
2. wings - noun
· stylized bird wings worn as an insignia by qualified pilots or air crew members
3. wing - noun
· a movable organ for flying (one of a pair)
4. wing - noun
· one of the horizontal airfoils on either side of the fuselage of an airplane
Hypernym(s): airfoil, aerofoil, control_surface, surface
5. wing - noun
· a stage area out of sight of the audience
Synonym(s): offstage, backstage
6. wing - noun
· a unit of military aircraft
7. wing - noun
· the side of military or naval formation; "they attacked the enemy's right flank"
8. wing - noun
· a hockey player stationed in a forward position on either side
Hypernym(s): hockey_player, ice-hockey_player
9. wing - noun
· (in flight formation) a position to the side and just to the rear of another aircraft
Hypernym(s): position, place
10. wing - noun
· a group within a political party or legislature or other organization that holds distinct views or has a particular function; "they are the progressive wing of the Republican Party"
11. wing - noun
· the wing of a fowl; "he preferred the drumsticks to the wings"
Hypernym(s): helping, portion, serving
12. wing - noun
· a barrier that surrounds the wheels of a vehicle to block splashing water or mud; "in Britain they call a fender a wing"
13. wing - noun
· an addition that extends a main building
Synonym(s): annex, annexe, extension
Hypernym(s): addition, add-on, improver
14. wing - verb
· travel through the air; be airborne; "Man cannot fly"
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.