Dictionary Results for winding|
1. winding - noun
· the act of winding or twisting; "he put the key in the old clock and gave it a good wind"
Synonym(s): wind, twist
Hypernym(s): rotation, rotary_motion
2. wind - verb
· to move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course; "the river winds through the hills"; "the path meanders through the vineyards"; "sometimes, the gout wanders through the entire body"
Synonym(s): weave, thread, meander, wander
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
3. wind - verb
· extend in curves and turns; "The road winds around the lake"; "the path twisted through the forest"
Synonym(s): twist, curve
4. wind - verb
· arrange or or coil around; "roll your hair around your finger"; "Twine the thread around the spool"; "She wrapped her arms around the child"
Synonym(s): wrap, roll, twine
Hypernym(s): move, displace
5. wind - verb
· catch the scent of; get wind of; "The dog nosed out the drugs"
Synonym(s): scent, nose
6. wind - verb
· coil the spring of (some mechanical device) by turning a stem; "wind your watch"
Hypernym(s): tighten, fasten
7. wind - verb
· form into a wreath
Hypernym(s): intertwine, twine, entwine, enlace, interlace, lace
8. wind - verb
· raise or haul up with or as if with mechanical help; "hoist the bicycle onto the roof of the car"
Synonym(s): hoist, lift
Hypernym(s): raise, lift, elevate, get_up, bring_up
9. winding - adjective
· marked by repeated turns and bends; "a tortuous road up the mountain"; "winding roads are full of surprises"; "had to steer the car down a twisty track"
Synonym(s): tortuous, twisting, twisty, voluminous
10. winding - adjective
· of a path e.g.; "meandering streams"; "rambling forest paths"; "the river followed its wandering course"; "a winding country road"
Synonym(s): meandering, rambling, wandering
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.