1. wind - noun
· air moving (sometimes with considerable force) from an area of high pressure to an area of low pressure; "trees bent under the fierce winds"; "when there is no wind, row"; "the radioactivity was being swept upwards by the air current and out into the atmosphere"
2. wind - noun
· a tendency or force that influences events; "the winds of change"
3. wind - noun
· breath; "the collision knocked the wind out of him"
4. wind - noun
· empty rhetoric or insincere or exaggerated talk; "that's a lot of wind"; "don't give me any of that jazz"
5. wind - noun
· an indication of potential opportunity; "he got a tip on the stock market"; "a good lead for a job"
6. wind - noun
· a musical instrument in which the sound is produced by an enclosed column of air that is moved by bellows or the human breath
7. wind - noun
· a reflex that expels intestinal gas through the anus
8. wind - noun
· the act of winding or twisting; "he put the key in the old clock and gave it a good wind"
9. wind - verb
· to move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course; "the river winds through the hills"; "the path meanders through the vineyards"; "sometimes, the gout wanders through the entire body"
10. wind - verb
· extend in curves and turns; "The road winds around the lake"; "the path twisted through the forest"
11. wind - verb
· arrange or or coil around; "roll your hair around your finger"; "Twine the thread around the spool"; "She wrapped her arms around the child"
12. wind - verb
· catch the scent of; get wind of; "The dog nosed out the drugs"
13. wind - verb
· coil the spring of (some mechanical device) by turning a stem; "wind your watch"
14. wind - verb
· form into a wreath
15. wind - verb
· raise or haul up with or as if with mechanical help; "hoist the bicycle onto the roof of the car"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.