Dictionary Results for white|
1. white - noun
· a Caucasian
Synonym(s): White, White_person, Caucasian
Hypernym(s): person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
2. white - noun
· the quality or state of the achromatic color of greatest lightness (bearing the least resemblance to black)
Hypernym(s): achromatic_color, achromatic_colour
3. white - noun
· United States jurist appointed chief justice of the United States Supreme Court in 1910 by President Taft; noted for his work on antitrust legislation (1845-1921)
Synonym(s): White, Edward_White, Edward_D._White, Edward_Douglas_White_Jr.
4. white - noun
· Australian writer (1912-1990)
Synonym(s): White, Patrick_White, Patrick_Victor_Martindale_White
5. white - noun
· United States political journalist (1915-1986)
Synonym(s): White, T._H._White, Theodore_Harold_White
6. white - noun
· United States architect (1853-1906)
Synonym(s): White, Stanford_White
7. white - noun
· United States writer noted for his humorous essays (1899-1985)
Synonym(s): White, E._B._White, Elwyn_Brooks_White
8. white - noun
· United States educator who in 1865 (with Ezra Cornell) founded Cornell University and served as its first president (1832-1918)
Synonym(s): White, Andrew_D._White, Andrew_Dickson_White
9. white - noun
· a tributary of the Mississippi River that flows southeastward through northern Arkansas and southern Missouri
Synonym(s): White, White_River
10. white - noun
· the white part of an egg; the nutritive and protective gelatinous substance surrounding the yolk consisting mainly of albumin dissolved in water; "she separated the whites from the yolks of several eggs"
Synonym(s): egg_white, albumen, ovalbumin
Hypernym(s): ingredient, fixings
11. white - noun
· (board games) the lighter pieces
Hypernym(s): man, piece
12. white - noun
· (usually in the plural) trousers made of flannel or gabardine or tweed or white cloth
Synonym(s): flannel, gabardine, tweed
Hypernym(s): trousers, pair_of_trousers, pant
13. white - verb
· turn white; "This detergent will whiten your laundry"
Hypernym(s): discolor, discolour, colour, color
14. white - adjective
· being of the achromatic color of maximum lightness; having little or no hue owing to reflection of almost all incident light; "as white as fresh snow"; "a bride's white dress"
15. white - adjective
· of or belonging to a racial group having light skin coloration; "voting patterns within the white population"
16. white - adjective
· free from moral blemish or impurity; unsullied; "in shining white armor"
17. white - adjective
· marked by the presence of snow; "a white Christmas"; "the white hills of a northern winter"
18. white - adjective
· restricted to whites only; "under segregation there were even white restrooms and white drinking fountains"; "a lily-white movement which would expel Negroes from the organization"
19. white - adjective
· glowing white with heat; "white flames"; "a white-hot center of the fire"
20. white - adjective
· benevolent; without malicious intent; "that's white of you"
21. white - adjective
· (of a surface) not written or printed on; "blank pages"; "fill in the blank spaces"; "a clean page"; "wide white margins"
Synonym(s): blank, clean
22. white - adjective
· (of coffee) having cream or milk added
23. white - adjective
· (of hair) having lost its color; "the white hairs of old age"
24. white - adjective
· anemic looking from illness or emotion; "a face turned ashen"; "the invalid's blanched cheeks"; "tried to speak with bloodless lips"; "a face livid with shock"; "lips...livid with the hue of death"- Mary W. Shelley; "lips white with terror"; "a face white with rage"
Synonym(s): ashen, blanched, bloodless, livid
25. white - adjective
· of summer nights in northern latitudes where the sun barely sets; "white nights"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.