Dictionary Results for web|
1. web - noun
· an intricate network suggesting something that was formed by weaving or interweaving; "the trees cast a delicate web of shadows over the lawn"
Hypernym(s): object, physical_object
2. web - noun
· an intricate trap that entangles or ensnares its victim
3. web - noun
· the flattened weblike part of a feather consisting of a series of barbs on either side of the shaft
4. web - noun
· an interconnected system of things or people; "he owned a network of shops"; "retirement meant dropping out of a whole network of people who had been part of my life"; "tangled in a web of cloth"
Hypernym(s): system, scheme
5. web - noun
· computer network consisting of a collection of internet sites that offer text and graphics and sound and animation resources through the hypertext transfer protocol
Synonym(s): World_Wide_Web, WWW
6. web - noun
· a fabric (especially a fabric in the process of being woven)
Hypernym(s): fabric, cloth, material, textile
7. web - noun
· membrane connecting the toes of some aquatic birds and mammals
Hypernym(s): membrane, tissue_layer
8. web - verb
· construct or form a web, as if by weaving
Hypernym(s): weave, tissue
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.