Dictionary Results for water|
1. water - noun
· binary compound that occurs at room temperature as a clear colorless odorless tasteless liquid; freezes into ice below 0 degrees centigrade and boils above 100 degrees centigrade; widely used as a solvent
Hypernym(s): binary_compound, liquid
2. water - noun
· the part of the earth's surface covered with water (such as a river or lake or ocean); "they invaded our territorial waters"; "they were sitting by the water's edge"
3. water - noun
· once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
4. water - noun
· a facility that provides a source of water; "the town debated the purification of the water supply"; "first you have to cut off the water"
Synonym(s): water_system, water_supply
Hypernym(s): facility, installation
5. water - noun
· liquid excretory product; "there was blood in his urine"; "the child had to make water"
Synonym(s): urine, piss, pee, piddle, weewee
Hypernym(s): body_waste, excretion, excreta, excrement, excretory_product
6. water - noun
· a liquid necessary for the life of most animals and plants; "he asked for a drink of water"
Hypernym(s): liquid, food, nutrient, nutrient
7. water - verb
· supply with water, as with channels or ditches or streams; "Water the fields"
8. water - verb
· provide with water; "We watered the buffalo"
Hypernym(s): supply, provide, render, furnish
9. water - verb
· secrete or form water, as tears or saliva; "My mouth watered at the prospect of a good dinner"; "His eyes watered"
Hypernym(s): secrete, release
10. water - verb
· fill with tears; "His eyes were watering"
Hypernym(s): fill, fill_up
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.