Dictionary Results for wash|
1. wash - noun
· a thin coat of water-base paint
2. wash - noun
· the work of cleansing (usually with soap and water)
Synonym(s): washing, lavation
3. wash - noun
· the dry bed of an intermittent stream (as at the bottom of a canyon)
Hypernym(s): streambed, creek_bed
4. wash - noun
· the erosive process of washing away soil or gravel by water (as from a roadway); "from the house they watched the washout of their newly seeded lawn by the water"
5. wash - noun
· the flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller
Synonym(s): slipstream, airstream, race, backwash
6. wash - noun
· a watercolor made by applying a series of monochrome washes one over the other
Hypernym(s): watercolor, water-color, watercolour, water-colour
7. wash - noun
· garments or white goods that can be cleaned by laundering
Synonym(s): laundry, washing, washables
Hypernym(s): garment, white_goods, household_linen
8. wash - noun
· any enterprise in which losses and gains cancel out; "at the end of the year the accounting department showed that it was a wash"
Hypernym(s): business_activity, commercial_activity
9. wash - verb
· clean with some chemical process
Hypernym(s): serve, process, swear_out
10. wash - verb
· cleanse (one's body) with soap and water
Hypernym(s): cleanse, clean
11. wash - verb
· cleanse with a cleaning agent, such as soap, and water; "Wash the towels, please!"
Hypernym(s): clean, make_clean
12. wash - verb
· move by or as if by water; "The swollen river washed away the footbridge"
Hypernym(s): move, displace
13. wash - verb
· be capable of being washed; "Does this material wash?"
14. wash - verb
· admit to testing or proof; "This silly excuse won't wash in traffic court"
15. wash - verb
· separate dirt or gravel from (precious minerals)
16. wash - verb
· apply a thin coating of paint, metal, etc., to
17. wash - verb
· remove by the application of water or other liquid and soap or some other cleaning agent; "he washed the dirt from his coat"; "The nurse washed away the blood"; "Can you wash away the spots on the windows?"; "he managed to wash out the stains"
Synonym(s): wash_out, wash_off, wash_away
Hypernym(s): remove, take, take_away, withdraw
18. wash - verb
· form by erosion; "The river washed a ravine into the mountainside"
Hypernym(s): erode, eat_away, fret
19. wash - verb
· make moist; "The dew moistened the meadows"
Synonym(s): moisten, dampen
20. wash - verb
· wash or flow against; "the waves laved the shore"
Synonym(s): lave, lap
21. wash - verb
· to cleanse (itself or another animal) by licking; "The cat washes several times a day"
Hypernym(s): cleanse, clean
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.