Dictionary Results for wakes|
1. wake - noun
· the consequences of an event (especially a catastrophic event); "the aftermath of war"; "in the wake of the accident no one knew how many had been injured"
Synonym(s): aftermath, backwash
Hypernym(s): consequence, effect, outcome, result, event, issue, upshot
2. wake - noun
· an island in the western Pacific between Guam and Hawaii
Synonym(s): Wake_Island, Wake
3. wake - noun
· the wave that spreads behind a boat as it moves forward; "the motorboat's wake capsized the canoe"
Hypernym(s): wave, moving_ridge
4. wake - noun
· a vigil held over a corpse the night before burial; "there's no weeping at an Irish wake"
Hypernym(s): vigil, watch
5. wake - verb
· be awake, be alert, be there
6. wake - verb
· stop sleeping; "She woke up to the sound of the alarm clock"
Synonym(s): wake_up, awake, arouse, awaken, come_alive, waken
Hypernym(s): change_state, turn
7. wake - verb
· arouse or excite feelings and passions; "The ostentatious way of living of the rich ignites the hatred of the poor"; "The refugees' fate stirred up compassion around the world"; "Wake old feelings of hatred"
Synonym(s): inflame, stir_up, ignite, heat, fire_up
Hypernym(s): arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
8. wake - verb
· make aware of; "His words woke us to terrible facts of the situation"
Hypernym(s): alarm, alert
9. wake - verb
· cause to become awake or conscious; "He was roused by the drunken men in the street"; "Please wake me at 6 AM."
Synonym(s): awaken, waken, rouse, wake_up, arouse
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.