Dictionary Results for uprose|
1. uprise - verb
· come into existence; take on form or shape; "A new religious movement originated in that country"; "a love that sprang up from friendship"; "the idea for the book grew out of a short story"; "An interesting phenomenon uprose"
Synonym(s): originate, arise, rise, develop, spring_up, grow
2. uprise - verb
· ascend as a sound; "The choirs singing uprose and filled the church"
Hypernym(s): ascend, go_up
3. uprise - verb
· rise up as in fear; "The dog's fur bristled"; "It was a sight to make one's hair uprise!"
Synonym(s): bristle, stand_up
4. uprise - verb
· rise to one's feet; "The audience got up and applauded"
Synonym(s): arise, rise, get_up, stand_up
5. uprise - verb
· come up, of celestial bodies; "The sun also rises"; "The sun uprising sees the dusk night fled..."; "Jupiter ascends"
Synonym(s): rise, come_up, ascend
Hypernym(s): rise, lift, arise, move_up, go_up, come_up, uprise
6. uprise - verb
· move upward; "The fog lifted"; "The smoke arose from the forest fire"; "The mist uprose from the meadows"
Synonym(s): rise, lift, arise, move_up, go_up, come_up
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
7. uprise - verb
· return from the dead; "Christ is risen!"; "The dead are to uprise"
Synonym(s): resurrect, rise
8. uprise - verb
· get up and out of bed; "I get up at 7 A.M. every day"; "They rose early"; "He uprose at night"
Synonym(s): get_up, turn_out, arise, rise
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.