Dictionary Results for trust|
1. trust - noun
· something (as property) held by one party (the trustee) for the benefit of another (the beneficiary); "he is the beneficiary of a generous trust set up by his father"
Hypernym(s): property, belongings, holding
2. trust - noun
· certainty based on past experience; "he wrote the paper with considerable reliance on the work of other scientists"; "he put more trust in his own two legs than in the gun"
3. trust - noun
· the trait of believing in the honesty and reliability of others; "the experience destroyed his trust and personal dignity"
Synonym(s): trustingness, trustfulness
4. trust - noun
· a consortium of independent organizations formed to limit competition by controlling the production and distribution of a product or service; "they set up the trust in the hope of gaining a monopoly"
Synonym(s): corporate_trust, combine, cartel
Hypernym(s): consortium, pool, syndicate
5. trust - noun
· complete confidence in a person or plan etc; "he cherished the faith of a good woman"; "the doctor-patient relationship is based on trust"
6. trust - noun
· a trustful relationship; "he took me into his confidence"; "he betrayed their trust"
Hypernym(s): friendship, friendly_relationship
7. trust - verb
· have confidence or faith in; "We can trust in our government"
Antonym(s): mistrust, distrust
8. trust - verb
· allow without fear
Hypernym(s): permit, allow, let, countenance
9. trust - verb
· be confident about something; "I believe that he will come back from the war"
Hypernym(s): expect, anticipate
10. trust - verb
· expect and wish; "I trust you will behave better from now on"; "I hope she understands that she cannot expect a raise"
Synonym(s): hope, desire
11. trust - verb
· confer a trust upon; "The messenger was entrusted with the general's secret"; "I commit my soul to God"
Synonym(s): entrust, intrust, confide, commit
Hypernym(s): pass, hand, reach, pass_on, turn_over, give
12. trust - verb
· (chiefly archaic) extend credit to; "don't trust my ex-wife; I won't pay her debts anymore"
Hypernym(s): lend, loan
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.