Dictionary Results for trouble|
1. trouble - noun
· a source of difficulty; "one trouble after another delayed the job"; "what's the problem?"
2. trouble - noun
· an angry disturbance; "he didn't want to make a fuss"; "they had labor trouble"; "a spot of bother"
Synonym(s): fuss, bother, hassle
Hypernym(s): perturbation, disturbance
3. trouble - noun
· an event causing distress or pain; "what is the trouble?"; "heart trouble"
Hypernym(s): happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural_event
4. trouble - noun
· an effort that is inconvenient; "I went to a lot of trouble"; "he won without any trouble"; "had difficulty walking"; "finished the test only with great difficulty"
Hypernym(s): effort, elbow_grease, exertion, travail, sweat
5. trouble - noun
· a strong feeling of anxiety; "his worry over the prospect of being fired"; "it is not work but worry that kills"; "he wanted to die and end his troubles"
6. trouble - noun
· an unwanted pregnancy; "he got several girls in trouble"
Hypernym(s): pregnancy, gestation, maternity
7. trouble - verb
· move deeply; "This book upset me"; "A troubling thought"
Synonym(s): disturb, upset
Hypernym(s): affect, impress, move, strike
8. trouble - verb
· to cause inconvenience or discomfort to; "Sorry to trouble you, but..."
Synonym(s): put_out, inconvenience, disoblige, discommode, incommode, bother
Hypernym(s): affect, impact, bear_upon, bear_on, touch_on, touch
9. trouble - verb
· disturb in mind or make uneasy or cause to be worried or alarmed; "She was rather perturbed by the news that her father was seriously ill"
Synonym(s): perturb, unhinge, disquiet, cark, distract, disorder
Hypernym(s): disturb, upset, trouble
10. trouble - verb
· take the trouble to do something; concern oneself; "He did not trouble to call his mother on her birthday"; "Don't bother, please"
Synonym(s): trouble_oneself, bother, inconvenience_oneself
Hypernym(s): strive, reach, strain
11. trouble - verb
· cause bodily suffering to and make sick or indisposed
Synonym(s): ail, pain
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.