1. trial - noun
· the act of testing something; "in the experimental trials the amount of carbon was measured separately"; "he called each flip of the coin a new trial"
2. trial - noun
· trying something to find out about it; "a sample for ten days free trial"; "a trial of progesterone failed to relieve the pain"
3. trial - noun
· the act of undergoing testing; "he survived the great test of battle"; "candidates must compete in a trial of skill"
4. trial - noun
· (law) the determination of a person's innocence or guilt by due process of law; "he had a fair trial and the jury found him guilty"; "most of these complaints are settled before they go to trial"
5. trial - noun
· (sports) a preliminary competition to determine qualifications; "the trials for the semifinals began yesterday"
6. trial - noun
· an annoying or frustrating or catastrophic event; "his mother-in-law's visits were a great trial for him"; "life is full of tribulations"; "a visitation of the plague"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.