Dictionary Results for trap|
1. trap - noun
· a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned
2. trap - noun
· drain consisting of a U-shaped section of drainpipe that holds liquid and so prevents a return flow of sewer gas
Hypernym(s): drain, drainpipe, waste_pipe
3. trap - noun
· something (often something deceptively attractive) that catches you unawares; "the exam was full of trap questions"; "it was all a snare and delusion"
Hypernym(s): design, plan
4. trap - noun
· a device to hurl clay pigeons into the air for trapshooters
5. trap - noun
· the act of concealing yourself and lying in wait to attack by surprise
Synonym(s): ambush, ambuscade, lying_in_wait
Hypernym(s): surprise_attack, coup_de_main
6. trap - noun
· informal terms for the mouth
Synonym(s): cakehole, hole, maw, yap, gob
Hypernym(s): mouth, oral_cavity, oral_fissure, rima_oris
7. trap - noun
· a light two-wheeled carriage
Hypernym(s): carriage, equipage, rig
8. trap - noun
· a hazard on a golf course
Synonym(s): bunker, sand_trap
9. trap - verb
· place in a confining or embarrassing position; "He was trapped in a difficult situation"
Hypernym(s): confine, detain
10. trap - verb
· catch in or as if in a trap; "The men trap foxes"
Synonym(s): entrap, snare, ensnare, trammel
Hypernym(s): capture, catch
11. trap - verb
· hold or catch as if in a trap; "The gaps between the teeth trap food particles"
Hypernym(s): hold, take_hold
12. trap - verb
· to hold fast or prevent from moving; "The child was pinned under the fallen tree"
Synonym(s): pin, immobilize, immobilise
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.