Dictionary Results for traced|
1. trace - verb
· follow, discover, or ascertain the course of development of something; "We must follow closely the economic development is Cuba"; "trace the student's progress"; "trace one's ancestry"
Hypernym(s): analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass
2. trace - verb
· make a mark or lines on a surface; "draw a line"; "trace the outline of a figure in the sand"
Synonym(s): draw, line, describe, delineate
3. trace - verb
· to go back over again; "we retraced the route we took last summer"; "trace your path"
4. trace - verb
· pursue or chase relentlessly; "The hunters traced the deer into the woods"; "the detectives hounded the suspect until they found him"
Synonym(s): hound, hunt
Hypernym(s): chase, chase_after, trail, tail, tag, give_chase, dog, go_after, track
5. trace - verb
· discover traces of; "She traced the circumstances of her birth"
Hypernym(s): detect, observe, find, discover, notice
6. trace - verb
· make one's course or travel along a path; travel or pass over, around, or along; "The children traced along the edge of the dark forest"; "The women traced the pasture"
Hypernym(s): proceed, go_forward, continue
7. trace - verb
· copy by following the lines of the original drawing on a transparent sheet placed upon it; make a tracing of; "trace a design"; "trace a pattern"
Hypernym(s): copy, re-create
8. trace - verb
· read with difficulty; "Can you decipher this letter?"; "The archeologist traced the hieroglyphs"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.