Dictionary Results for topping|
1. topping - noun
· a flavorful addition on top of a dish
2. top - verb
· be superior or better than some standard; "She exceeded our expectations"; "She topped her performance of last year"
Synonym(s): exceed, transcend, overstep, pass, go_past
Hypernym(s): excel, stand_out, surpass
3. top - verb
· pass by, over, or under without making contact; "the balloon cleared the tree tops"
Hypernym(s): pass, overtake, overhaul
4. top - verb
· be at the top of or constitute the top or highest point; "A star tops the Christmas Tree"
5. top - verb
· be ahead of others; be the first; "she topped her class every year"
6. top - verb
· provide with a top or finish the top (of a structure); "the towers were topped with conical roofs"
Hypernym(s): supply, provide, render, furnish
7. top - verb
· reach or ascend the top of; "The hikers topped the mountain just before noon"
Hypernym(s): reach, make, attain, hit, arrive_at, gain
8. top - verb
· strike (the top part of a ball in golf, baseball, or pool) giving it a forward spin
9. top - verb
· cut the top off; "top trees and bushes"
Hypernym(s): snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut_back
10. top - verb
· be the culminating event; "The speech crowned the meeting"
Hypernym(s): culminate, climax
11. top - verb
· finish up or conclude; "They topped off their dinner with a cognac"; "top the evening with champagne"
Hypernym(s): complete, finish
12. topping - adjective
· excellent; best possible
Synonym(s): top-flight, top-hole
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.