Dictionary Results for thrash|
1. thrash - noun
· a swimming kick used while treading water
2. thrash - verb
· give a thrashing to; beat hard
Synonym(s): thresh, lam, flail
Hypernym(s): beat, beat_up, work_over
3. thrash - verb
· move or stir about violently; "The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed"
Synonym(s): convulse, thresh, thresh_about, thrash_about, slash, toss, jactitate
Hypernym(s): shake, agitate
4. thrash - verb
· dance the slam dance
Synonym(s): slam_dance, slam, mosh
Hypernym(s): dance, trip_the_light_fantastic, trip_the_light_fantastic_toe
5. thrash - verb
· beat so fast that (the heart's) output starts dropping until (it) does not manage to pump out blood at all
Hypernym(s): beat, pound, thump
6. thrash - verb
· move data into and out of core rather than performing useful computation; "The system is thrashing again!"
7. thrash - verb
· beat the seeds out of a grain
8. thrash - verb
· beat thoroughly and conclusively in a competition or fight; "We licked the other team on Sunday!"
Synonym(s): cream, bat, clobber, drub, lick
Hypernym(s): beat, beat_out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.