1. third - noun
· one of three equal parts of a divisible whole; "it contains approximately a third of the minimum daily requirement"
2. third - noun
· the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed near the third of the bases in the infield (counting counterclockwise from home plate); "he is playing third"
3. third - noun
· following the second position in an ordering or series; "a distant third"; "he answered the first question willingly, the second reluctantly, and the third with resentment"
4. third - noun
· the musical interval between one note and another three notes away from it; "a simple harmony written in major thirds"
5. third - noun
· the third from the lowest forward ratio gear in the gear box of a motor vehicle; "you shouldn't try to start in third gear"
6. third - noun
· the base that must be touched third by a base runner in baseball; "he was cut down on a close play at third"
7. third - adjective
· coming next after the second and just before the fourth in position
8. third - adverb
· in the third place; "third we must consider unemployment"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.