1. theme - noun
· the subject matter of a conversation or discussion; "he didn't want to discuss that subject"; "it was a very sensitive topic"; "his letters were always on the theme of love"
2. theme - noun
· a unifying idea that is a recurrent element in literary or artistic work; "it was the usual `boy gets girl' theme"
3. theme - noun
· (music) melodic subject of a musical composition; "the theme is announced in the first measures"; "the accompanist picked up the idea and elaborated it"
4. theme - noun
· an essay (especially one written as an assignment); "he got an A on his composition"
5. theme - noun
· (linguistics) the form of a word after all affixes are removed; "thematic vowels are part of the stem"
6. theme - verb
· provide with a particular theme or motive; "the restaurant often themes its menus"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.