Dictionary Results for tested|
1. test - verb
· put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results"; "Test this recipe"
Synonym(s): prove, try, try_out, examine, essay
Hypernym(s): evaluate, pass_judgment, judge
2. test - verb
· test or examine for the presence of disease or infection; "screen the blood for the HIV virus"
3. test - verb
· examine someone's knowledge of something; "The teacher tests us every week"; "We got quizzed on French irregular verbs"
4. test - verb
· show a certain characteristic when tested; "He tested positive for HIV"
5. test - verb
· achieve a certain score or rating on a test; "She tested high on the LSAT and was admitted to all the good law schools"
6. test - verb
· determine the presence or properties of (a substance)
Hypernym(s): determine, check, find_out, see, ascertain, watch, learn
7. test - verb
· undergo a test; "She doesn't test well"
Hypernym(s): take, submit
8. tested - adjective
· tested and proved useful or correct; "a tested method"
Synonym(s): tried, well-tried
9. tested - adjective
· tested and proved to be reliable
Synonym(s): time-tested, tried, tried_and_true
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.