1. test - noun
· trying something to find out about it; "a sample for ten days free trial"; "a trial of progesterone failed to relieve the pain"
2. test - noun
· any standardized procedure for measuring sensitivity or memory or intelligence or aptitude or personality etc; "the test was standardized on a large sample of students"
3. test - noun
· a set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge; "when the test was stolen the professor had to make a new set of questions"
4. test - noun
· the act of undergoing testing; "he survived the great test of battle"; "candidates must compete in a trial of skill"
5. test - noun
· the act of testing something; "in the experimental trials the amount of carbon was measured separately"; "he called each flip of the coin a new trial"
6. test - noun
· a hard outer covering as of some amoebas and sea urchins
7. test - verb
· put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results"; "Test this recipe"
8. test - verb
· test or examine for the presence of disease or infection; "screen the blood for the HIV virus"
9. test - verb
· examine someone's knowledge of something; "The teacher tests us every week"; "We got quizzed on French irregular verbs"
10. test - verb
· show a certain characteristic when tested; "He tested positive for HIV"
11. test - verb
· achieve a certain score or rating on a test; "She tested high on the LSAT and was admitted to all the good law schools"
12. test - verb
· determine the presence or properties of (a substance)
13. test - verb
· undergo a test; "She doesn't test well"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.