Dictionary Results for tender|
1. tender - noun
· something that can be used as an official medium of payment
Synonym(s): legal_tender, stamp
Hypernym(s): medium_of_exchange, monetary_system
2. tender - noun
· someone who waits on or tends to or attends to the needs of another
Synonym(s): attendant, attender
Hypernym(s): assistant, helper, help, supporter
3. tender - noun
· a formal proposal to buy at a specified price
Hypernym(s): offer, offering
4. tender - noun
· car attached to a locomotive to carry fuel and water
Hypernym(s): car, railcar, railway_car, railroad_car
5. tender - noun
· a boat for communication between ship and shore
Synonym(s): ship%27s_boat, pinnace, cutter
6. tender - noun
· ship that usually provides supplies to other ships
7. tender - verb
· offer or present for acceptance
Hypernym(s): give, gift, present
8. tender - verb
· propose a payment; "The Swiss dealer offered $2 million for the painting"
Synonym(s): offer, bid
9. tender - verb
· make a tender of; in legal settlements
Hypernym(s): offer, proffer
10. tender - verb
· make tender or more tender as by marinating, pounding, or applying a tenderizer; "tenderize meat"
Synonym(s): tenderize, tenderise
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
11. tender - adjective
· given to sympathy or gentleness or sentimentality; "a tender heart"; "a tender smile"; "tender loving care"; "tender memories"; "a tender mother"
12. tender - adjective
· hurting; "the tender spot on his jaw"
Synonym(s): sensitive, sore, raw
13. tender - adjective
· young and immature; "at a tender age"
14. tender - adjective
· having or displaying warmth or affection; "affectionate children"; "a fond embrace"; "fond of his nephew"; "a tender glance"
Synonym(s): affectionate, fond, lovesome
15. tender - adjective
· easy to cut or chew; "tender beef"
16. tender - adjective
· physically untoughened; "tender feet"
17. tender - adjective
· (used of boats) inclined to heel over easily under sail
Synonym(s): crank, cranky, tippy
18. tender - adjective
· (of plants) not hardy; easily killed by adverse growing condition; "tender green shoots"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.