Dictionary Results for teasing|
1. teasing - noun
· the act of harassing someone playfully or maliciously (especially by ridicule); provoking someone with persistent annoyances; "he ignored their teases"; "his ribbing was gentle but persistent"
Synonym(s): tease, ribbing, tantalization
Hypernym(s): harassment, molestation
2. teasing - noun
· playful vexation; "the parody was just a form of teasing"
Hypernym(s): play, frolic, romp, gambol, caper
3. teasing - noun
· the act of removing tangles from you hair with a comb
Hypernym(s): comb, combing
4. tease - verb
· annoy persistently; "The children teased the boy because of his stammer"
Synonym(s): badger, pester, bug, beleaguer
Hypernym(s): torment, rag, bedevil, crucify, dun, frustrate
5. tease - verb
· harass with persistent criticism or carping; "The children teased the new teacher"; "Don't ride me so hard over my failure"; "His fellow workers razzed him when he wore a jacket and tie"
Synonym(s): razz, rag, cod, tantalize, tantalise, bait, taunt, twit, rally, ride
Hypernym(s): mock, bemock
6. tease - verb
· to arouse hope, desire, or curiosity without satisfying them; "The advertisement is intended to tease the customers"; "She has a way of teasing men with her flirtatious behavior"
Hypernym(s): manipulate, keep_in_line, control
7. tease - verb
· tear into pieces; "tease tissue for microscopic examinations"
Hypernym(s): shred, tear_up, rip_up
8. tease - verb
· raise the nap of (fabrics)
9. tease - verb
· disentangle and raise the fibers of; "tease wool"
Synonym(s): tease_apart, loosen
Hypernym(s): disentangle, unsnarl, straighten_out
10. tease - verb
· separate the fibers of; "tease wool"
11. tease - verb
· mock or make fun of playfully; "the flirting man teased the young woman"
Hypernym(s): ridicule, roast, guy, blackguard, laugh_at, jest_at, rib, make_fun, poke_fun
12. tease - verb
· ruffle (one's hair) by combing the ends towards the scalp, for a full effect
Hypernym(s): comb, comb_out, disentangle
13. teasing - adjective
· playfully vexing (especially by ridicule); "his face wore a somewhat quizzical almost impertinent air"- Lawrence Durrell
Synonym(s): mocking, quizzical
14. teasing - adjective
· arousing sexual desire without intending to satisfy it; "her lazy teasing smile"
15. teasing - adjective
· causing irritation or annoyance; "tapping an annoying rhythm on his glass with his fork"; "aircraft noise is particularly bothersome near the airport"; "found it galling to have to ask permission"; "an irritating delay"; "nettlesome paperwork"; "a pesky mosquito"; "swarms of pestering gnats"; "a plaguey newfangled safety catch"; "a teasing and persistent thought annoyed him"; "a vexatious child"; "it is vexing to have to admit you are wrong"
Synonym(s): annoying, bothersome, galling, irritating, nettlesome, pesky, pestering, pestiferous, plaguy, plaguey, vexatious, vexing
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.