Dictionary Results for tap|
1. tap - noun
· the sound made by a gentle blow
Synonym(s): pat, rap
2. tap - noun
· a gentle blow
Synonym(s): rap, strike
Hypernym(s): blow, bump
3. tap - noun
· a faucet for drawing water from a pipe or cask
Synonym(s): water_faucet, water_tap, hydrant
Hypernym(s): faucet, spigot, plumbing_fixture
4. tap - noun
· a small metal plate that attaches to the toe or heel of a shoe (as in tap dancing)
5. tap - noun
· a tool for cutting female (internal) screw threads
6. tap - noun
· a plug for a bunghole in a cask
Hypernym(s): plug, stopper, stopple
7. tap - noun
· the act of tapping a telephone or telegraph line to get information
Hypernym(s): investigation, investigating
8. tap - noun
· a light touch or stroke
Synonym(s): pat, dab
Hypernym(s): touch, touching
9. tap - verb
· cut a female screw thread with a tap
10. tap - verb
· draw from or dip into to get something; "tap one's memory"; "tap a source of money"
Hypernym(s): withdraw, draw, take_out, draw_off
11. tap - verb
· strike lightly; "He tapped me on the shoulder"
12. tap - verb
· draw from; make good use of; "we must exploit the resources we are given wisely"
Hypernym(s): use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
13. tap - verb
· tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information; "The FBI was tapping the phone line of the suspected spy"; "Is this hotel room bugged?"
Synonym(s): wiretap, intercept, bug
Hypernym(s): listen_in, eavesdrop
14. tap - verb
· furnish with a tap or spout, so as to be able to draw liquid from it; "tap a cask of wine"
Hypernym(s): supply, provide, render, furnish
15. tap - verb
· make light, repeated taps on a surface; "he was tapping his fingers on the table impatiently"
Synonym(s): rap, knock, pink
Hypernym(s): sound, go
16. tap - verb
· walk with a tapping sound
17. tap - verb
· dance and make rhythmic clicking sounds by means of metal plates nailed to the sole of the dance shoes; "Glover tapdances better than anybody"
Hypernym(s): dance, trip_the_light_fantastic, trip_the_light_fantastic_toe
18. tap - verb
· draw (liquor) from a tap; "tap beer in a bar"
Hypernym(s): draw, take_out
19. tap - verb
· pierce in order to draw a liquid from; "tap a maple tree for its syrup"; "tap a keg of beer"
20. tap - verb
· make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently; "Henry IV solicited the Pope for a divorce"; "My neighbor keeps soliciting money for different charities"
Synonym(s): solicit, beg
Hypernym(s): request, ask_for, bespeak, call_for, quest
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.