1. synthetic - noun
· a compound made artificially by chemical reactions
2. synthetic - adjective
· not of natural origin; prepared or made artificially; "man-made fibers"; "synthetic leather"
3. synthetic - adjective
· involving or of the nature of synthesis (combining separate elements to form a coherent whole) as opposed to analysis; "limnology is essentially a synthetic science composed of elements...that extend well beyond the limits of biology"- P.S.Welch
4. synthetic - adjective
· systematic combining of root and modifying elements into single words
5. synthetic - adjective
· of a proposition whose truth value is determined by observation or facts; "`all men are arrogant' is a synthetic proposition"
6. synthetic - adjective
· artificial as if portrayed in a film; "a novel with flat celluloid characters"
7. synthetic - adjective
· not genuine or natural; "counterfeit rhetoric that flourishes when passions are synthetic"- George Will
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.