Dictionary Results for swinging|
1. swinging - noun
· changing location by moving back and forth
Synonym(s): swing, vacillation
Hypernym(s): motion, movement, move
2. swinge - verb
· burn superficially or lightly; "I singed my eyebrows"
Hypernym(s): char, blacken, sear, scorch
3. swing - verb
· move in a curve or arc, usually with the intent of hitting; "He swung his left fist"; "swing a bat"
Hypernym(s): move, displace
4. swing - verb
· move or walk in a swinging or swaying manner; "He swung back"
5. swing - verb
· change direction with a swinging motion; turn; "swing back"; "swing forward"
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
6. swing - verb
· influence decisively; "This action swung many votes over to his side"
Hypernym(s): influence, act_upon, work
7. swing - verb
· make a big sweeping gesture or movement
Synonym(s): sweep, swing_out
Hypernym(s): wield, handle, manage
8. swing - verb
· hang freely; "the ornaments dangled from the tree"; "The light dropped from the ceiling"
Synonym(s): dangle, drop
9. swing - verb
· hit or aim at with a sweeping arm movement; "The soccer player began to swing at the referee"
Hypernym(s): aim, take, train, take_aim, direct
10. swing - verb
· alternate dramatically between high and low values; "his mood swings"; "the market is swinging up and down"
11. swing - verb
· live in a lively, modern, and relaxed style; "The Woodstock generation attempted to swing freely"
12. swing - verb
· have a certain musical rhythm; "The music has to swing"
13. swing - verb
· be a social swinger; socialize a lot
Hypernym(s): socialize, socialise
14. swing - verb
· play with a subtle and intuitively felt sense of rhythm
15. swing - verb
· engage freely in promiscuous sex, often with the husband or wife of one's friends; "There were many swinging couples in the 1960's"
16. swinging - adjective
· characterized by a buoyant rhythm; "an easy lilting stride"; "the flute broke into a light lilting air"; "a swinging pace"; "a graceful swingy walk"; "a tripping singing measure"
Synonym(s): lilting, swingy, tripping
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.