1. suppose - verb
· express a supposition; "Let us say that he did not tell the truth"; "Let's say you had a lot of money--what would you do?"
2. suppose - verb
· expect, believe, or suppose; "I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel"; "I thought to find her in a bad state"; "he didn't think to find her in the kitchen"; "I guess she is angry at me for standing her up"
3. suppose - verb
· to believe especially on uncertain or tentative grounds; "Scientists supposed that large dinosaurs lived in swamps"
4. suppose - verb
· take for granted or as a given; suppose beforehand; "I presuppose that you have done your work"
5. suppose - verb
· require as a necessary antecedent or precondition; "This step presupposes two prior ones"
6. supposed - adjective
· required or under orders; "I'm supposed to be there at ten"; "he was supposed to go to the store"
7. supposed - adjective
· mistakenly believed; "the supposed existence of ghosts"
8. supposed - adjective
· doubtful or suspect; "these so-called experts are no help"
9. supposed - adjective
· based primarily on surmise rather than adequate evidence; "theories about the extinction of dinosaurs are still highly conjectural"; "the supposed reason for his absence"; "suppositious reconstructions of dead languages"; "hypothetical situation"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.