Dictionary Results for sum|
1. sum - noun
· a quantity of money; "he borrowed a large sum"; "the amount he had in cash was insufficient"
Synonym(s): sum_of_money, amount, amount_of_money
2. sum - noun
· a quantity obtained by the addition of a group of numbers
Synonym(s): amount, total
3. sum - noun
· the final aggregate; "the sum of all our troubles did not equal the misery they suffered"
Synonym(s): summation, sum_total
Hypernym(s): collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
4. sum - noun
· the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
Synonym(s): kernel, substance, core, center, centre, essence, gist, heart, heart_and_soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, nitty-gritty
Hypernym(s): content, cognitive_content, mental_object
5. sum - noun
· the whole amount
Synonym(s): total, totality, aggregate
Hypernym(s): whole, unit
6. sum - noun
· a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets; "let C be the union of the sets A and B"
Synonym(s): union, join
7. sum - verb
· be a summary of; "The abstract summarizes the main ideas in the paper"
Synonym(s): summarize, summarise, sum_up
Hypernym(s): state, say, tell
8. sum - verb
· determine the sum of; "Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town"
Synonym(s): total, tot, tot_up, sum_up, summate, tote_up, add, add_together, tally, add_up
Hypernym(s): count, number, enumerate, numerate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.