Dictionary Results for substance|
1. substance - noun
· the real physical matter of which a person or thing consists; "DNA is the substance of our genes"
Hypernym(s): matter, part, portion, component_part, component, constituent
2. substance - noun
· the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
Synonym(s): kernel, core, center, centre, essence, gist, heart, heart_and_soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty
Hypernym(s): content, cognitive_content, mental_object
3. substance - noun
· the idea that is intended; "What is the meaning of this proverb?"
Hypernym(s): idea, thought
4. substance - noun
· material of a particular kind or constitution; "the immune response recognizes invading substances"
5. substance - noun
· considerable capital (wealth or income); "he is a man of means"
6. substance - noun
· what a communication that is about something is about
Synonym(s): message, content, subject_matter
7. substance - noun
· the property of holding together and retaining its shape; "wool has more body than rayon"; "when the dough has enough consistency it is ready to bake"
Synonym(s): consistency, consistence, body
8. substance - noun
· a particular kind or species of matter with uniform properties; "shigella is one of the most toxic substances known to man"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.