1. sublime - verb
· vaporize and then condense right back again
2. sublime - verb
· change or cause to change directly from a solid into a vapor without first melting; "sublime iodine"; "some salts sublime when heated"
3. sublime - adjective
· inspiring awe; "well-meaning ineptitude that rises to empyreal absurdity"- M.S.Dworkin; "empyrean aplomb"- Hamilton Basso; "the sublime beauty of the night"
4. sublime - adjective
· worthy of adoration or reverence
5. sublime - adjective
· lifted up or set high; "their hearts were jocund and sublime"- Milton
6. sublime - adjective
· of high moral or intellectual value; elevated in nature or style; "an exalted ideal"; "argue in terms of high-flown ideals"- Oliver Franks; "a noble and lofty concept"; "a grand purpose"
7. sublime - adjective
· greatest or maximal in degree; extreme; "supreme folly"; "the supreme confidence of youth"; "the sublime absurdity of the creative process"; "His face assumed an expression of sublime conceit"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.