1. subdue - verb
· put down by force or intimidation; "The government quashes any attempt of an uprising"; "China keeps down her dissidents very efficiently"; "The rich landowners subjugated the peasants working the land"
2. subdue - verb
· bring under control by force or authority; "suppress a nascent uprising"; "stamp down on littering"; "conquer one's desires"
3. subdue - verb
· hold within limits and control; "subdue one's appetites"; "mortify the flesh"
4. subdue - verb
· get on top of; deal with successfully; "He overcame his shyness"
5. subdue - verb
· make subordinate, dependent, or subservient; "Our wishes have to be subordinated to that of our ruler"
6. subdue - verb
· correct by punishment or discipline
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.