Dictionary Results for stretched|
1. stretch - verb
· occupy a large, elongated area; "The park stretched beneath the train line"
2. stretch - verb
· extend one's limbs or muscles, or the entire body; "Stretch your legs!"; "Extend your right arm above your head"
Hypernym(s): tense, strain, tense_up
3. stretch - verb
· extend or stretch out to a greater or the full length; "Unfold the newspaper"; "stretch out that piece of cloth"; "extend the TV antenna"
Synonym(s): unfold, stretch_out, extend
Hypernym(s): change_shape, change_form, deform
4. stretch - verb
· become longer by being stretched and pulled; "The fabric stretches"
5. stretch - verb
· make long or longer by pulling and stretching; "stretch the fabric"
6. stretch - verb
· lie down comfortably; "To enjoy the picnic, we stretched out on the grass"
Hypernym(s): lie_down, lie
7. stretch - verb
· pull in opposite directions; "During the Inquisition, the torturers would stretch their victims on a rack"
Hypernym(s): pull, draw
8. stretch - verb
· extend the scope or meaning of; often unduly; "Stretch the limits"; "stretch my patience"; "stretch the imagination"
Hypernym(s): widen, broaden, extend
9. stretch - verb
· corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance; often by replacing valuable ingredients with inferior ones; "adulterate liquor"
Synonym(s): load, adulterate, dilute, debase
Hypernym(s): corrupt, spoil
10. stretch - verb
· increase in quantity or bulk by adding a cheaper substance; "stretch the soup by adding some more cream"; "extend the casserole with a little rice"
11. stretch - verb
· extend one's body or limbs; "Let's stretch for a minute--we've been sitting here for over 3 hours"
12. stretched - adjective
· (of muscles) relieved of stiffness by stretching; "well-stretched muscles are less susceptible to injury"
13. stretched - adjective
· extended or spread over a wide area or distance; "broad fields lay stretched on both sides of us"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.