1. stress - noun
· the relative prominence of a syllable or musical note (especially with regard to stress or pitch); "he put the stress on the wrong syllable"
2. stress - noun
· (psychology) a state of mental or emotional strain or suspense; "he suffered from fatigue and emotional tension"; "stress is a vasoconstrictor"
3. stress - noun
· special emphasis attached to something; "the stress was more on accuracy than on speed"
4. stress - noun
· difficulty that causes worry or emotional tension; "she endured the stresses and strains of life"; "he presided over the economy during the period of the greatest stress and danger"- R.J.Samuelson
5. stress - noun
· (physics) force that produces strain on a physical body; "the intensity of stress is expressed in units of force divided by units of area"
6. stress - verb
· to stress, single out as important; "Dr. Jones emphasizes exercise in addition to a change in diet"
7. stress - verb
· put stress on; utter with an accent; "In Farsi, you accent the last syllable of each word"
8. stress - verb
· test the limits of; "You are trying my patience!"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.