Dictionary Results for stayed|
1. stay - verb
· stay the same; remain in a certain state; "The dress remained wet after repeated attempts to dry it"; "rest assured"; "stay alone"; "He remained unmoved by her tears"; "The bad weather continued for another week"
Synonym(s): remain, rest
2. stay - verb
· stay put (in a certain place); "We are staying in Detroit; we are not moving to Cincinnati"; "Stay put in the corner here!"; "Stick around and you will learn something!"
Synonym(s): stick, stick_around, stay_put
3. stay - verb
· dwell; "You can stay with me while you are in town"; "stay a bit longer--the day is still young"
Synonym(s): bide, abide
Hypernym(s): stay, stay_on, continue, remain
4. stay - verb
· continue in a place, position, or situation; "After graduation, she stayed on in Cambridge as a student adviser"; "Stay with me, please"; "despite student protests, he remained Dean for another year"; "She continued as deputy mayor for another year"
Synonym(s): stay_on, continue, remain
5. stay - verb
· remain behind; "I had to stay at home and watch the children"
6. stay - verb
· stop or halt; "Please stay the bloodshed!"
Synonym(s): detain, delay
Hypernym(s): check, retard, delay
7. stay - verb
· stay behind; "The smell stayed in the room"; "The hostility remained long after they made up"
Synonym(s): persist, remain
8. stay - verb
· hang on during a trial of endurance; "ride out the storm"
Synonym(s): last_out, ride_out, outride
9. stay - verb
· stop a judicial process; "The judge stayed the execution order"
Hypernym(s): stop, halt, block, kibosh
10. stay - verb
· fasten with stays
Hypernym(s): fasten, fix, secure
11. stay - verb
· overcome or allay; "quell my hunger"
Synonym(s): quell, appease
Hypernym(s): fit, conform_to, meet, satisfy, fill, fulfill, fulfil
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.