Dictionary Results for square|
1. square - noun
· (geometry) a plane rectangle with four equal sides and four right angles; a four-sided regular polygon; "you can compute the area of a square if you know the length of its sides"
Hypernym(s): rectangle, regular_polygon
2. square - noun
· the product of two equal terms; "nine is the second power of three"; "gravity is inversely proportional to the square of the distance"
3. square - noun
· an open area at the meeting of two or more streets
Hypernym(s): tract, piece_of_land, piece_of_ground, parcel_of_land, parcel
4. square - noun
· something approximating the shape of a square
Hypernym(s): shape, form
5. square - noun
· someone who doesn't understand what is going on
Hypernym(s): simpleton, simple
6. square - noun
· a formal and conservative person with old-fashioned views
Hypernym(s): conservative, conservativist
7. square - noun
· any artifact having a shape similar to a plane geometric figure with four equal sides and four right angles; "a checkerboard has 64 squares"
Hypernym(s): artifact, artefact
8. square - noun
· a hand tool consisting of two straight arms at right angles; used to construct or test right angles; "the carpenter who built this room must have lost his square"
9. square - verb
· make square; "Square the circle"; "square the wood with a file"
Hypernym(s): shape, form
10. square - verb
· raise to the second power
11. square - verb
· cause to match, as of ideas or acts
Hypernym(s): adjust, conform, adapt
12. square - verb
· position so as to be square; "He squared his shoulders"
13. square - verb
· be compatible with; "one idea squares with another"
Hypernym(s): match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
14. square - verb
· pay someone and settle a debt; "I squared with him"
15. square - verb
· turn the paddle; in canoeing
16. square - verb
· turn the oar, while rowing
17. square - adjective
· having four equal sides and four right angles or forming a right angle; "a square peg in a round hole"; "a square corner"
18. square - adjective
· characterized by honesty and fairness; "straight dealing"; "a square deal"
19. square - adjective
· providing abundant nourishment; "a hearty meal"; "good solid food"; "ate a substantial breakfast"; "four square meals a day"
Synonym(s): hearty, satisfying, solid, substantial
20. square - adjective
· leaving no balance; "my account with you is now all square"
21. square - adjective
· without evasion or compromise; "a square contradiction"; "he is not being as straightforward as it appears"
Synonym(s): straightforward, straight
22. square - adjective
· rigidly conventional or old-fashioned
23. square - adverb
· in a straight direct way; "looked him squarely in the eye"; "ran square into me"
24. square - adverb
· in a square shape; "a squarely cut piece of paper"; "folded the sheet of paper square"
25. square - adverb
· firmly and solidly; "hit the ball squarely"; "the bat met the ball squarely"; "planted his great bulk square before his enemy"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.