Dictionary Results for spots|
1. spots - noun
· spots before the eyes caused by opaque cell fragments in the vitreous humor and lens; "floaters seem to drift through the field of vision"
Synonym(s): musca_volitans, muscae_volitantes, floater
2. spot - noun
· a point located with respect to surface features of some region; "this is a nice place for a picnic"; "a bright spot on a planet"
Synonym(s): topographic_point, place
3. spot - noun
· a short section or illustration (as between radio or tv programs or in a magazine) that is often used for advertising
Hypernym(s): section, subdivision
4. spot - noun
· an outstanding characteristic; "his acting was one of the high points of the movie"
5. spot - noun
· a blemish made by dirt; "he had a smudge on his cheek"
Synonym(s): smudge, blot, daub, smear, smirch, slur
Hypernym(s): blemish, defect, mar
6. spot - noun
· a small contrasting part of something; "a bald spot"; "a leopard's spots"; "a patch of clouds"; "patches of thin ice"; "a fleck of red"
Synonym(s): speckle, dapple, patch, fleck, maculation
7. spot - noun
· a section of an entertainment that is assigned to a specific performer or performance; "they changed his spot on the program"
Hypernym(s): section, subdivision
8. spot - noun
· a business establishment for entertainment; "night spot"
Hypernym(s): place_of_business, business_establishment
9. spot - noun
· a job in an organization; "he occupied a post in the treasury"
Synonym(s): position, post, berth, office, billet, place, situation
Hypernym(s): occupation, business, job, line_of_work, line
10. spot - noun
· a slight attack of illness; "he has a touch of rheumatism"
11. spot - noun
· a small piece or quantity of something; "a spot of tea"; "a bit of paper"; "a bit of lint"; "I gave him a bit of my mind"
Hypernym(s): small_indefinite_quantity, small_indefinite_amount
12. spot - noun
· a mark on a die or on a playing card (shape depending on the suit)
Hypernym(s): marker, marking, mark
13. spot - noun
· a lamp that produces a strong beam of light to illuminate a restricted area; used to focus attention of a stage performer
14. spot - noun
· a playing card with a specified number of pips on it to indicate its value; "an eight-spot"
15. spot - noun
· an act that brings discredit to the person who does it; "he made a huge blot on his copybook"
Synonym(s): blot, smear, smirch, stain
Hypernym(s): mistake, error, fault
16. spot - verb
· catch sight of
Synonym(s): descry, espy, spy
Hypernym(s): spy, sight
17. spot - verb
· detect with the senses; "The fleeing convicts were picked out of the darkness by the watchful prison guards"; "I can't make out the faces in this photograph"
Synonym(s): recognize, recognise, distinguish, discern, pick_out, make_out, tell_apart
18. spot - verb
· mar or impair with a flaw; "her face was blemished"
Hypernym(s): dirty, soil, begrime, grime, colly, bemire
19. spot - verb
· make a spot or mark onto; "The wine spotted the tablecloth"
Synonym(s): fleck, blob, blot
20. spot - verb
· become spotted; "This dress spots quickly"
21. spot - verb
· mark with a spot or spots so as to allow easy recognition; "spot the areas that one should clearly identify"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.