Dictionary Results for spoilt|
1. spoil - verb
· make a mess of, destroy or ruin; "I botched the dinner and we had to eat out"; "the pianist screwed up the difficult passage in the second movement"
Synonym(s): botch, bodge, bumble, fumble, botch_up, muff, blow, flub, screw_up, ball_up, muck_up, bungle, fluff, bollix, bollix_up, bollocks, bollocks_up, bobble, mishandle, louse_up, foul_up, mess_up, fuck_up
Hypernym(s): fail, go_wrong, miscarry
2. spoil - verb
· become unfit for consumption or use; "the meat must be eaten before it spoils"
3. spoil - verb
· alter from the original
4. spoil - verb
· treat with excessive indulgence; "grandparents often pamper the children"; "Let's not mollycoddle our students!"
Synonym(s): pamper, featherbed, cosset, cocker, baby, coddle, mollycoddle, indulge
Hypernym(s): treat, handle, do_by
5. spoil - verb
· hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of; "What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth's amazing September surge"; "foil your opponent"
Synonym(s): thwart, queer, scotch, foil, cross, frustrate, baffle, bilk
Hypernym(s): prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
6. spoil - verb
· have a strong desire or urge to do something; "She is itching to start the project"; "He is spoiling for a fight"
Hypernym(s): desire, want
7. spoil - verb
· destroy and strip of its possession; "The soldiers raped the beautiful country"
Synonym(s): rape, despoil, violate, plunder
Hypernym(s): destroy, ruin
8. spoil - verb
· make imperfect; "nothing marred her beauty"
Synonym(s): mar, impair, deflower, vitiate
9. spoilt - adjective
· having the character or disposition harmed by pampering or oversolicitous attention; "a spoiled child"
10. spoilt - adjective
· (of foodstuffs) not in an edible or usable condition; "bad meat"; "a refrigerator full of spoilt food"
Synonym(s): bad, spoiled
11. spoilt - adjective
· affected by blight; anything that mars or prevents growth or prosperity; "a blighted rose"; "blighted urban districts"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.