Dictionary Results for spit|
1. spit - noun
· a narrow strip of land that juts out into the sea
Hypernym(s): cape, ness
2. spit - noun
· a clear liquid secreted into the mouth by the salivary glands and mucous glands of the mouth; moistens the mouth and starts the digestion of starches
Synonym(s): saliva, spittle
3. spit - noun
· a skewer for holding meat over a fire
4. spit - noun
· the act of spitting (forcefully expelling saliva)
Synonym(s): spitting, expectoration
Hypernym(s): expulsion, projection, ejection, forcing_out
5. spit - verb
· expel or eject (saliva or phlegm or sputum) from the mouth; "The father of the victim spat at the alleged murderer"
Synonym(s): ptyalize, ptyalise, spew, spue
Hypernym(s): expectorate, cough_up, cough_out, spit_up, spit_out
6. spit - verb
· utter with anger or contempt
Hypernym(s): utter, emit, let_out, let_loose
7. spit - verb
· rain gently; "It has only sprinkled, but the roads are slick"
Synonym(s): sprinkle, spatter, patter, pitter-patter
Hypernym(s): rain, rain_down
8. spit - verb
· drive a skewer through; "skewer the meat for the BBQ"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.