Dictionary Results for spinning|
1. spinning - noun
· creating thread
2. spin - verb
· revolve quickly and repeatedly around one's own axis; "The dervishes whirl around and around without getting dizzy"
Synonym(s): spin_around, whirl, reel, gyrate
Hypernym(s): revolve, go_around, rotate
3. spin - verb
· stream in jets, of liquids; "The creek spun its course through the woods"
Hypernym(s): stream, well_out
4. spin - verb
· cause to spin; "spin a coin"
Synonym(s): whirl, birl, twirl
Hypernym(s): rotate, circumvolve
5. spin - verb
· make up a story; "spin a yarn"
Hypernym(s): fabricate, manufacture, cook_up, make_up, invent
6. spin - verb
· form a web by making a thread; "spiders spin a fine web"
Hypernym(s): create_from_raw_material, create_from_raw_stuff
7. spin - verb
· work natural fibers into a thread; "spin silk"
Hypernym(s): twist, twine, distort
8. spin - verb
· twist and turn so as to give an intended interpretation; "The President's spokesmen had to spin the story to make it less embarrassing"
Hypernym(s): present, represent, lay_out
9. spin - verb
· prolong or extend; "spin out a visit"
Hypernym(s): prolong, protract, extend, draw_out
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.