Dictionary Results for spin|
1. spin - noun
· a swift whirling motion (usually of a missile)
Hypernym(s): rotation, revolution, gyration
2. spin - noun
· the act of rotating rapidly; "he gave the crank a spin"; "it broke off after much twisting"
Synonym(s): twirl, twist, twisting, whirl
Hypernym(s): rotation, rotary_motion
3. spin - noun
· a short drive in a car; "he took the new car for a spin"
Hypernym(s): drive, ride
4. spin - noun
· rapid descent of an aircraft in a steep spiral
Hypernym(s): acrobatics, aerobatics, stunting, stunt_flying
5. spin - noun
· a distinctive interpretation (especially as used by politicians to sway public opinion); "the campaign put a favorable spin on the story"
Hypernym(s): rendition, rendering, interpretation
6. spin - verb
· revolve quickly and repeatedly around one's own axis; "The dervishes whirl around and around without getting dizzy"
Synonym(s): spin_around, whirl, reel, gyrate
Hypernym(s): revolve, go_around, rotate
7. spin - verb
· stream in jets, of liquids; "The creek spun its course through the woods"
Hypernym(s): stream, well_out
8. spin - verb
· cause to spin; "spin a coin"
Synonym(s): whirl, birl, twirl
Hypernym(s): rotate, circumvolve
9. spin - verb
· make up a story; "spin a yarn"
Hypernym(s): fabricate, manufacture, cook_up, make_up, invent
10. spin - verb
· form a web by making a thread; "spiders spin a fine web"
Hypernym(s): create_from_raw_material, create_from_raw_stuff
11. spin - verb
· work natural fibers into a thread; "spin silk"
Hypernym(s): twist, twine, distort
12. spin - verb
· twist and turn so as to give an intended interpretation; "The President's spokesmen had to spin the story to make it less embarrassing"
Hypernym(s): present, represent, lay_out
13. spin - verb
· prolong or extend; "spin out a visit"
Hypernym(s): prolong, protract, extend, draw_out
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.