Dictionary Results for sources|
1. source - noun
· the place where something begins, where it springs into being; "the Italian beginning of the Renaissance"; "Jupiter was the origin of the radiation"; "Pittsburgh is the source of the Ohio River"; "communism's Russian root"
Synonym(s): beginning, origin, root, rootage
2. source - noun
· a document (or organization) from which information is obtained; "the reporter had two sources for the story"
Hypernym(s): document, written_document, papers
3. source - noun
· anything that provides inspiration for later work
Synonym(s): seed, germ
4. source - noun
· a facility where something is available
Hypernym(s): facility, installation
5. source - noun
· a person who supplies information
6. source - noun
· someone who originates or causes or initiates something; "he was the generator of several complaints"
Synonym(s): generator, author
Hypernym(s): maker, shaper
7. source - noun
· (technology) a process by which energy or a substance enters a system; "a heat source"; "a source of carbon dioxide"
Hypernym(s): natural_process, natural_action, action, activity
8. source - noun
· anything (a person or animal or plant or substance) in which an infectious agent normally lives and multiplies; "an infectious agent depends on a reservoir for its survival"
9. source - noun
· a publication (or a passage from a publication) that is referred to; "he carried an armful of references back to his desk"; "he spent hours looking for the source of that quotation"
10. source - verb
· get (a product) from another country or business; "She sourced a supply of carpet"; "They are sourcing from smaller companies"
11. source - verb
· specify the origin of; "The writer carefully sourced her report"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.